If you came to this post looking for the dashing Tuxedo Mask, you have been terribly mislead (I just needed a cool pun for my title). However, there are some awesome benefits from this post, including beautiful glowing skin featuring a homemade, natural, exotic method.
I noticed that face masks, particularly homemade face masks had become so popular this summer. When I told my momma about the hype, she simply told me that she had one of the most simple and rewarding methods. My mom immigrated to Canada from Guyana (which is located in South America), which is a poor country. They never used fruits for face masks (besides, fruits were expensive to come by anyway). She said that herbal methods were really popular because everything was homegrown from rice to squash. Mint and Turmeric are particularly great herbal agents. They leave amazing external and internal results, so naturally I had to ask for her mask recipe.
So I present to you, a mint and turmeric mask ft my mom.
To begin with, you’ll need a few ingredients:
– Mint Leaves
1. First obtain your ingredients
2. Cut up the mint leaves
3. Then use the rolling pin to grind up the mint leaves
4. Use the knife to chip it up even further and push it into a neat pile
5. Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and use the rolling pin to mash up the mix
6. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the mix (Then use the teaspoon to scoop the mix together)
7. You can move the mask mixture to a bowl and apply it to your face
A little goes a long way. Make sure to really scrub the mask in to help your acne/dark spots fade.
If you have a fairer complexion then do not leave it on for too long unless you want to look really yellow. However, if you have a darker complexion like myself, you can leave it on for much longer. My mother said you should leave it on for atleast 2 hours, but in Guyana they leave it on overnight. No thanks, mom. I don’t want to look like a Simpson. The longer you leave the mask on, the more of a glow you will get.
8. Depending on your complexion leave the mask on for 1-2 hours and then rinsing it off with some warm water, then pat dry.
If you consistently use this mask you will see the following benefits!
– Healthy looking face (it takes off dirt, cleans pores)
– It penetrates deeply (he he)
– Leaves a refreshing glow
– Fortifies skin
Best of all, it’s a cheap and natural method of purifying your skin.
Hope you give this unique mask a try. If you do give it a go, I would love to hear about your experience and results.
Maybe your tuxedo mask will notice your new glow (wink wink)!