The holidays are always a busy and expensive time, so why break your piggy bank on beauty when you can get it for less? In the spirit of giving, I thought I would spread the joy and share a list of my favourite drugstore products AND an easy hauliday look anyone can sleigh – it’s a Christmas miracle!
You only have to jingle all the way to Shoppers (aka Canadian CVS) and Walmart to find these products (Prices are CAD). I’ve underlined the ones I’ve used for my holiday look at the end.
- Hard Candy Eyes the limit – $5.98 (Walmart)
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette – $12 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Hard Candy Top Ten Trendsetter Palette in Guilty Pleasure – $5.92 (Not sure if this is still available at Canadian Walmart
- NYC HD Color Trio Eyeshadow in Electric Funk – $9.95 (This particular set of colours is discontinued but they have other colors!)
- Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen – $3.99 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner – $9.96 (Walmart)
- Essence Lash Princess – $9.98 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
- L’oréal Miss Manga Rock – $9.96 (Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart)
- NYX Shine Killer – $16 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
- NYX Total Control Drop in Mahogany – $16 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Vasanti Liquid Cover Up Oil-Free Foundation and Concealer in V12 – $25
- NYC Big Bold Bronzer in Metropolitan – $4.99 (Walmart)
- Quo Face Palette in Contessa – $20 (From Shoppers, but might be discontinued)
- Elf Baked Highlight in Blush Gems – $4 (Walmart)
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in Shade 10 – $6.98 (Walmart)
Get the look!
STEP ONE: BROWS-ING DAT ASS
I filled my brows in first, using feathery strokes and then primed my lids using the hard candy primer
STEP TWO: EYESHADE-OW – Refer to photos for shades
- I applied Shade 1 all over my lid as a base
- I applied Shade 2 in my crease
- I applied and blended Shade 3 into my outer crease
- I applied a small amount of Shade 4 deepen my outer crease
- I applied Shade 5 as a brow highlight and to the inner corner of my eyes
- Ta-da holiday eyes! And optionally, you can add eyeliner.
- Line your eyes with your eyeliner of choice
For this look I opted for the oil-free Maybelline gel liner since I have lash extensions in. As you can probably tell, gel isn’t my strong suit.
STEP THREE: CONCEAL DON’T FEEL
- I applied NYX Shine Killer Primer all my face as a base
- I used 2-3 drops of NYX Total Control Drop on each side of the face and blended using my Mikasa Round Brush
- I then used my Vasanti Foundation+Conceal to conceal my undereyes using the triangle method and I set with a banana powder
STEP FOUR: BRONZE LIKE A KARDASHIAN
- I applied bronzer along my cheekbones, around my forehead and down the sides of my nose
STEP 5: A BLUSH WITH YOUR CRUSH
- Using the shade on the left, I applied on the apples of my cheeks (WHILE SMILING – THAT’S THE TRICK)
STEP 6: SANTA BABY BRING ME SOME BLING
- I always feel like highlighter is like the frosting on a cake. I just applied a light amount of Blush Gems right above my contour
STEP 7: MEENA THE RED-LIP’D REINDEER
- I applied the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick (with no lip liner – bc I live dangerously) for the perfect Christmasy pout.
AND THAT’S IT!
I’m sorry I couldn’t get many photos while I was applying my makeup step by step, ’tis a challenge, but I hope you still liked this blog merry much.
HOLLA at me down below with your favourite drugstore blushes and eyeshadow palettes.
Happy Holladays 🎄❤